Free Your Instinct is a young and dynamic charity that helps people with mental health support needs through the delivery of specialist Parkour classes by qualified and experienced coaches.
Our aims and objectives:
- To use Parkour to promote mental and physical wellbeing to those who have recognised a mental health need
- To physically and mentally enrich the lives of users through parkour
- To offer development opportunities and coaching
- To promote the Charity within the Mental Health community
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club
Free Your Instinct started in 2015. The Charity was founded by Charlotte Blake, a former exercise specialist for NHS Mental Health Services, Charley Hobson-Merrett, a former NHS accountant and Jacob Peregrine-Wheller, a ParkourUK qualified coach with a background working with participants with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Since 2015 Free Your Instinct has established itself as a pioneer of using Parkour to help people with mental health support needs and operates in London, Somerset and Bristol with plans to expand into further areas.
Free Your Instinct is a registered charity (number 1160961). We have a Board of Trustees who are volunteers appointed for their range of skills and experiences. They govern the charity by setting the strategic direction and business plan and meet regularly as a Board. Current Trustees are:
- Charlotte Blake (Chair)
- Charley Hobson-Merrett
- Michael Clack
- Alex Zurita
- Stephen Lenton
For more information about our Trustees click here